Sunday, January 18, 2009

To post or not to post...

I have been contemplating on weather or not to blog about a certain subject. I think that writing about it makes me laugh instead of getting angry so here goes..
For about the last six months my boys have had an aversion to underwear. I know this is a normal childhood phenomenon but it has been a daily issue in our house for a while now(to give Sam some credit he has not gone commando for quite a while but Jake does whenever I am too busy to notice) .
Mike and I were discussing all of the funny phrases that you hear around our house resulting from this unusual problem. I have compiled a list and hopefully you can get some comic relief from my frustration.
1. No one leaves this house without underwear.
2. If you get depants at school, you'll be sorry.
3. Jake go put underwear on(then Sam says) I have underwear on, wanna see?
4. Underwear go on your bum, not your head.( The boys often entertain with an underwear dance, dancing around with all of their underwear on, including a pair on their heads)
5. Time for school, socks, shoes, backpacks, and underwear!
6. You have 60 seconds to put on your underwear or you lose your pokemon cards.

I hope you enjoyed that little insight into our lives.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Glad you did blog about it, made me laugh!

Angie said...

good laughs! This is what blogs are for, to share your laughs

Janet said...

I loved this one!!! Amazing to realize that these same little boys will grow to be the neatest looking young men. Good story for the one they date/marry.

Whitney said...

i agree, glad you wrote about it. made me giggle.

Garity said...

I shouldn't read things that make me laugh while pregnant unless I'm protected by Depends...thanks a lot Kerry! We have the opposite problem in our home..."are you wearing NEW underwear boys?" I've had to almost color code the days so I know they have fresh ones on and they can't pull a fast one on me. Don't know which one I'd rather deal with, comando or ripe. Boys are just gross.

Janet said...

Rob,Dan & Kris are 13, 17 months apart. Our underwear "issues" usually were "do we have any"? Do we have any without holes/rips in them"....Kelly tried to help once and made a little "store" in a bedroom closet and "issued" them out each day (like the army?)....it worked for a while...but not very long. But, boy did Kelly try!!! Thanks Kel...