And I am so glad he did. I love my garden, I seriously want to be one of those old ladies with a way cool garden that bosses her poor husband around all day until it looks perfect. We decided to expand our efforts this year by tripling the size of our garden. I want room for corn, potatoes and pumpkins plus everything else we grew last year. I want to create a cottage garden with a mixed ornamental and edible landscape. It should be fun. The boys have really been a huge help this year. We have a compost pile too and it is actually starting to resemble something that could be compost in another year or so.


Mike and the boys trying to remove the post from the picket fence

Apple blossoms.

4 of the 5 grape vines we planted survived, can you see the little bud?
5 comments:
Ok, I've been catching up on your blog and first of all, I am SO impressed with the room you redecorated! What do you mean you're not a decorator? You're MY decorator! It looks really great! Your hair also looks really cute! And I hear you about the garden- we love our garden and the girls check on it every chance they get! Heather
I want a garden. Love yours and think you're cool!
ARGH! Compost in another year or so? What!?!?!?! I'll need to send you some info so you can have compost this year! I don't think I could wait more than a few months for compost. I think your next step should be vermicomposting especially with the boys. That is tons of fun and well worth it.
Mmmmm, home grown corn.
So I'm an idiot and can't find your email so I figured you'd get the message here. THANK YOU for the package!!!! The onesies were so cute and boyish (very important for Kade)and the DVD made me laugh too. I didn't even know it was missing. you're the best. Heather
I loved seeing your garden area....it will be soooo nice. My mom & dad always had big gardens as well as grandparents. They called them "truck patches"...huge gardens, so you could feed all the neighbors too. Grandpa McMillan loved the song, "In The Garden". I posted the song on facebook.
Post a Comment