


Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. I can honestly say these have been the happiest years of my life. I married the best looking and greatest guy any girl could dream of and we have the two cutest, sweetest boys. I want to take this chance to brag about my Mikey(Warning:only the nearest and dearest can call him that) and let you know why I am the luckiest girl around.
I remember a Laurel activity my senior year. It was a "who you want to marry theme". I said I just wanted to marry my best friend. All of the girls gave me the first to get married vote. I was really good friends with most of the girls and still keep in touch and I think all of them beat me to the altar. I went to college and served a mission. I dated a lot but never found "the one". I was about 24 and felt I was on the cusp of being an"older LDS single". All of my friends were well into marriage and working on baby #2. Since my mission I had been dating a lot, mostly older, educated guys who had a clear future, a car, savings, plans to buy a house. So along comes Mike, a 21 year old recently returned missionary, living at home, no car, and in his first semester of college. He was cute, no doubt, but so young. I remember a Halloween dance my roomate and I went to, he was dressed up like a cowboy, hat, lasso,boots, and yes, tight wranglers. He was so personable and fun to talk to. I think it was then I knew I could bend a little on the age thing. As I got to know him better I realized he was much more mature and serious than the 30 something guys I had thought I wanted. It was the easiest friendship to enter into, no guessing, no wondering, no games. When we decided to get married, there was no show or fanfare, just a sweet conversation and absolutly no doubt. I had found my best friend and have been so blessed ever since. He is everything I ever wanted, he is now thirty something, has a car, a job, an, education, and a house! Here are just some of the reasons I love Mike: He is very honest in everything he does, when he decides to do something he gets the job done(we were engaged and married in less that two months), he loves a good book, he watches Little House on the Prarie with me and is not ashamed to admit it, he has never once made me feel bad about the cost of my medical problems-he does whatever it takes to keep me healthy and happy, he doesn't spend a lot of time watching sports eventhough he loves a good game, he is a really fun Dad, he appreciates my cooking and always lets me know, he works so hard to support his family, he doesn't like video games, he is really fun to snuggle with, he always makes me feel pretty-even when I have had to wear an eye patch, use a walker or retained water from medication, and he still looks really good in jeans. It was well worth the wait. I love my Mikey.
7 comments:
girl! that is the sweetest thing(s) ever!!!
and I remember that Laurel activity - LOL...
and most of all...
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
... dated AND married within 2 months... wow. impressive!
how come I didn't know/remember that little tidbit....
We were very good friends a few months before that so it wasn't strangers to married in less than two months. We never really did the courtship thing. When we did decide we really liked each other and wanted to be more than friends we got engaged like two hours later-seriously. Then we thought-why wait? So in total-we met six months before we were married. When asked how long we dated before engagement- two hours!
ahhhh, how cute!
He's one lucky guy to have you, Kerry.
Happy Anniversary! I love Mikey too - you are both blessed and wonderful couple/parents. I prayed for someone like him (for you)very early on. God is good isn't he? Love you, Mom
Happy Anniversary! You weren't the last to get married....you beat me! Sounds like you found a great guy, no matter his age :)
Aww, Ker Bear that is such a nice tribute! Happy Anniversary!
Happy anniversary. How sweet you are.
I just now saw that you posted on my blog a few months ago. I haven't updated for a while so I missed it.It is so good to hear from you. You look great! I have wondered how you have been. What a good wife and mother you are. I especially loved you entry on New years. What a great memories you are creating for your boys even when you aren't feeling well.
Post a Comment