Monday, March 2, 2009

Questionable parenting

I used to be a great journal keeper. I am sad that I didn't keep up with it because since I have had kids I realize how entertaining they can be. Here are just a few of the funny happenings from our family..
We have church at 9am now. The kids are old enough that it isn't too hard to get everyone ready on time. We do have a lot of day to reverently fill though when we get done by noon. We try to have a lot of quiet, meaningful family time, I will let you decide if this counts.






(Disclaimer:the boys asked to be hog-tied, and they were having fun.)

When we got home from church yesterday Mike did a quick check of PBS to see what was on. Anne of Green Gables had just started, we decided to have lunch in the tv room and introduce our boys to the classic movies. I forgot to get drinks for everyone and Jake was having a hard time settling down. I suggested he get water for everyone. The first cup was fun but he soon tired of the task. Sam got his water and said something like, "thanks for being a good friend Jake", to which Jake replied, "I don't like being everyone's BFF."

I went to Greenhurst nursery today to buy some seed potatoes and Jake was fascinated by the koi pond. He told me he would like to be a fish if Sam were with him. At least we got something right.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ha Ha! Love it! I am glad someone else tries for quiet family time that includes a good family movie. Our kids get to watch ASL primary songs pre-church at 9a (I have to start the readying process at 6a to make it on time and they need something to do until it's their turn) after church naps are required and then after that, good family movies are usually the thing to help me keep my sanity. I love the hog-tying. So funny! Glad Jake loves Sam enough to brave becoming a fish if he were there. You are doing very right! I am happy if my kids get through an hour in each other's company with out bashing each other in the head with something. Love you!

Angie said...

Looks like Mike is reliving some childhood memories through his kids. I guess it is fun now that he is not the one being tried up. I have decided that quiet time is not really possible with boys.